Lifestyles is a brief family education and intervention program designed to educate students and parent(s)/guardian(s) regarding issues such as alcohol, other drugs and healthy family relationships. The program emphasizes wellness through improved communication patterns between student and his or her parent(s)/guardian(s). Lifestyles consists of three, two-hour sessions. Each highly interactive session provides information, activities, worksheets, role play assignments and video presentations to help students understand concepts presented in the class.
Lifestyles goals enhance participants’ ability to:
1. Understand the consequences of using substances
2. Correct myths concerning substance use
3. Effectively make decisions that result in positive outcomes
4. Demonstrate effective communication, and coping skills
5. Identify and utilize conflict resolution skills