Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS) is partnering with Healthy Guilford Coalition and UNCG to host a town hall meeting this coming Monday, 10/21/2019. The town hall focus will be on preventing underage drinking. A 32″ flatscreen TV will be given away at the event as well as $25 gift cards and other prizes. The event
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Drug Facts, Information for Parents, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Prescription Drug Abuse, Prevention and Intervention, Recovery, Teen Substance Abuse, Tobacco, Treatment and Recovery
Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to eliminate your outdated or unused medications. The Summerfield Fire District, Cone Health, the High Point Police Dept, Healthy Guilford, Deep River Drug, Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS), and Safe Guilford are working together to sponsor another medication disposal initiative. Please note below that there are three locations
With addiction and recovery getting more national exposure than ever before, we pause on September 20, 2019 to celebrate vital players of the health system and continuum of care – addiction professionals. National Addiction Professionals Day will be celebrated on September 20, 2019, as part of National Recovery Month. Started by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals in 1992, the
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Community Help, Greensboro, Methadone, Prevention and Intervention, Treatment and Recovery
Greetings everyone! We have exciting news: ADS has a new home in Greensboro at 1101 Carolina St. over near Moses Cone Hospital. All ADS services will be delivered at this new location after June 22nd. We were located on E. Washington St. across from The Depot for 25 years, but that building was recently acquired
WSOC-TV has published a segment on NC Attorney General Josh Stein who is aiming for additional funding to address the ongoing opioid crisis. Mr. Stein indicates that there are simply not enough treatment centers across the state of North Carolina to adequately meet the needs of those addicted to opioids. The Hope Act is a
Listed below is a link and a video with information on how to support the Guilford County tornado relief effort. ADS staff volunteered recently to assist in this effort. Guilford County experienced extensive damage from the tornado which hit the area on Sunday, April 15th. > How To Help the Guilford County Schools
A co-occurring disorder is one that involves both substance misuse and another mental health illness such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder. Both disorders combined present a special challenge for patients, and they require a comprehensive treatment approach by professionals trying to help. SAMHSA published a recent article highlighting the prevalence of people in America
- Published in Addiction, Addiction Recovery, Drug Treatment, Information for Parents, Mental Illness, Prevention and Intervention, Recovery, Treatment and Recovery
It has been confirmed that music icon, Tom Petty, died of an accidental drug overdose. Toxicology reports indicate that Petty had a mixture of several medications including the potentially lethal fentanyl as well as oxycodone and several benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines and opioids are a high risk medication combination, and have been tied to numerous other overdose
The New Yorker has published a fascinating, in-depth article on how the Sackler family (owners of Perdue Pharmaceutical) made billions of dollars selling Oxycontin throughout America. While effective pain management was, and is, a very important medical consideration, scores of people were introduced to a drug that was heralded as relatively “safe”, but which opened
Historically, abstinence-based recovery has sought to establish that recovering addicts abstain from all use of illicit substances including alcohol. This model of treatment was originally rooted in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program which by design was intended to address alcohol addiction specifically. That program has been extremely popular and effective in helping alcohol dependent
- Published in Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Brain Science, Current Drug Trends, Drug Addiction, Faith and Inspiration, Heroin Overdose, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Recovery, Opioid Treatment, Overdose Prevention, Recovery, Suboxone, Treatment and Recovery
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- Please visit this link below to learn more abou...
- Hello, Guilford County! It’s that time ag...
- Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS) is partnering w...
- Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to elimi...
- With addiction and recovery getting more nation...
- It’s time to get rid of your outdated or ...