Please visit this link below to learn more about protecting yourself from the COVID-19 virus. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS) is partnering with Healthy Guilford Coalition and UNCG to host a town hall meeting this coming Monday, 10/21/2019. The town hall focus will be on preventing underage drinking. A 32″ flatscreen TV will be given away at the event as well as $25 gift cards and other prizes. The event
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Drug Facts, Information for Parents, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Prescription Drug Abuse, Prevention and Intervention, Recovery, Teen Substance Abuse, Tobacco, Treatment and Recovery
Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to eliminate your outdated or unused medications. The Summerfield Fire District, Cone Health, the High Point Police Dept, Healthy Guilford, Deep River Drug, Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS), and Safe Guilford are working together to sponsor another medication disposal initiative. Please note below that there are three locations
With addiction and recovery getting more national exposure than ever before, we pause on September 20, 2019 to celebrate vital players of the health system and continuum of care – addiction professionals. National Addiction Professionals Day will be celebrated on September 20, 2019, as part of National Recovery Month. Started by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals in 1992, the
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Community Help, Greensboro, Methadone, Prevention and Intervention, Treatment and Recovery
Spectrum News published a segment the week of 1/14/2019 on the recent reduction in Guilford County deaths by opioid overdose. In the piece, Spectrum interviewed Clinical Supervisor Les Quagliano of Alcohol and Drug Services to gain more information on the role that medication plays in the treatment process. Narcan and buprenorphine were highlighted. While deaths
Fox8 News has provided media coverage of ADS’ facility on Chestnut Drive in High Point and the assistance that ADS has received through the years from the High Point Community Foundation. The Foundation has provided funds that sustained ADS’ Prevention efforts among other upgrades to help keep the facility running. The ADS High Point location used
The New Yorker has published a fascinating, in-depth article on how the Sackler family (owners of Perdue Pharmaceutical) made billions of dollars selling Oxycontin throughout America. While effective pain management was, and is, a very important medical consideration, scores of people were introduced to a drug that was heralded as relatively “safe”, but which opened
Finally, it seems there is growing momentum for the utilization of medications in treating opioid addiction. The commissioner of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Scott Gottlieb, has expressed an intent for the FDA to leverage the use of medications to treat opioid addiction in America. The list of medications include methadone, buprenorphine, and
Historically, abstinence-based recovery has sought to establish that recovering addicts abstain from all use of illicit substances including alcohol. This model of treatment was originally rooted in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program which by design was intended to address alcohol addiction specifically. That program has been extremely popular and effective in helping alcohol dependent
- Published in Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Brain Science, Current Drug Trends, Drug Addiction, Faith and Inspiration, Heroin Overdose, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Recovery, Opioid Treatment, Overdose Prevention, Recovery, Suboxone, Treatment and Recovery
An overview: Methadone and Suboxone are the two leading medications used in the treatment of opioid addiction. Methadone has been utilized in opioid treatment in the United States since the late 1960’s. Suboxone was introduced in 2002. Methadone and suboxone are in widespread use around the world due to their proven benefit in the treatment
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- ADS and its community partners are once again s...
- Please visit this link below to learn more abou...
- Hello, Guilford County! It’s that time ag...
- Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS) is partnering w...
- Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to elimi...
- With addiction and recovery getting more nation...