Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to eliminate your outdated or unused medications. The Summerfield Fire District, Cone Health, the High Point Police Dept, Healthy Guilford, Deep River Drug, Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS), and Safe Guilford are working together to sponsor another medication disposal initiative. Please note below that there are three locations
It’s time to get rid of your outdated or unused medications! The Drug Enforcement Agency, the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office, Healthy Guilford, Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS), and Safe Guilford are working together to sponsor another medication disposal initiative. Please note the dates and locations below where you can turn in expired medication. The program
Historically, abstinence-based recovery has sought to establish that recovering addicts abstain from all use of illicit substances including alcohol. This model of treatment was originally rooted in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program which by design was intended to address alcohol addiction specifically. That program has been extremely popular and effective in helping alcohol dependent
- Published in Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Brain Science, Current Drug Trends, Drug Addiction, Faith and Inspiration, Heroin Overdose, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Recovery, Opioid Treatment, Overdose Prevention, Recovery, Suboxone, Treatment and Recovery
There is an interesting life story and profile of addiction in the New York Times regarding an attorney and family man who finally succumbed to chronic drug use. Peter was a high powered Silicon Valley attorney who was well respected and capable, but who hid a powerful addiction for years before dying of a systemic
Fox 8 news reported that 102 people in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania overdosed on synthetic marijuana over a period of three days. The marijuana-like substance is commonly referred to as “K2“. None of the overdoses resulted in fatality. According to the Director of Lancaster Emergency Medical Services, Robert May, some of the emergency calls involved 2
- Published in Cannabis Use, Drug Addiction, Drug Overdose, Information for Parents, Marijuana, Marijuana Addiction, Prevention and Intervention, Street Drugs, Synthetic Marijuana
There is an enlightening article and video segment by Ryan Haraar (Colorado 9NEWS) on the rising problem with opioid overdose in America. The piece highlights that the United States comprises 5% of the world’s population, but consumes 80% of the world’s prescription opioids. Presently, there is considerable discussion in the news about the origins of
A local Fox 8 news article just revealed that Catawba County law enforcement authorities have uncovered a large poppy plant operation. Poppy plants are used to create opium which in turn is used to make heroin. The poppy plants had an estimated value of $500 million. State Bureau of Investigation authorities and local deputies wore
Joe McDonald is President and CEO of Catholic Health Services in Buffalo, NY. They are an outpatient substance abuse treatment facility who recently relocated, and are adding “medication-assisted treatment” to help local people struggling with opioid addiction. Joe wrote an opinion piece for The Buffalo News, and in it expressed his hope that the local
A Newsweek article addresses a finding by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) which indicates individuals receiving an opioid prescription can develop an opioid dependency “within a few days of initial use”. The associated study was conducted at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and was based on examination of patient records
- Published in Addiction in Media, Drug Addiction, Drug Facts, Drug Safety, General Discussion, Media and Addiction Coverage, Opioid Addiction, Pain Management, Prescription Drug Abuse, Recovery, Suboxone, Treatment and Recovery
News outlets are reporting the recent influx of a new synthetic opioid referred to on the street as “Pink”. Pink is similar to heroin but much more potent. 80 people have fatally overdosed on this drug in the U.S. during the last 9 months according to this article from NBC news. Because the drug is
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- ADS and its community partners are sponsoring a...
- ADS and its community partners are once again s...
- Please visit this link below to learn more abou...
- Hello, Guilford County! It’s that time ag...
- Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS) is partnering w...
- Hi, Guilford County! The time has come to elimi...